Whether you are organising and campaigning around platform work or interested to learn more about it, join this years’ ITF Young Workers Summer School on platform and last mile delivery workers.
When: 18-21 July 2022
Where: Sheffield, Great Britain
The 4-day programme will focus on:
- Building young transport workers’ knowledge of the platform economy and ITF’s work on this in support of Congress Resolution 20 (Protecting Young Workers rights);
- Learning and sharing organising strategies and practices, campaigning skills and network building;
- Understanding global issues linked to technology and new forms of work in e-commerce and across supply chains;
- Developing campaign and organising ideas and materials for activists in the platform economy;
- Supporting the further development of the ITF’s work in the platform economy.
- Day 1 - why the platform economy is a young workers’ issue and what is the ITF doing around the platform economy
- Day 2 – organising platform workers
- Day 3 – campaigning on the platform economy
- Day 4 – the platform economy and the work of the ITF road transport section
Language: this event will be held in English only
Who can attend the summer school?
Young trade unionists and activists, age 35 and under, who are active in platform work or keen to learn more about platform work.
Young women unionists and activists are especially encouraged to apply for a place at the summer school.
A selection process will take place in order to guarantee that the above criteria and gender balance are met.
Applicants need authorisation from their unions to apply.
Deadline to apply: applications will close Friday 27 May.
After the registration deadline has passed, you will receive an email to confirm if you have been selected to attend the summer school.