The ITF is an international federation of transport workers’ trade unions and is recognised as the world’s leading transport authority. We fight passionately to improve working lives: connecting trade unions from around 150 countries that may otherwise be isolated and helping their members to secure rights, equality and justice. We are the voice for nearly 20 million working men and women across the world. The ITF Head Office is based in Borough, London. International offices include Amman, Hong Kong, Montreal, Nairobi, New Delhi, Abidjan, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking HR team as HR Manager at a changing international organisation with a committed workforce.
Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, we are looking for a proactive individual with experience of working in a complex, unionised environment with a focus on collaborative working and delivery of a people focussed HR service to the organisation.
The primary focus of this role will be:
- Service delivery: Managing end-to-end HR operational processes as delivered by your team, including recruitment and payroll administration. You will mentor and support your team to deliver an effective human resources service.
- Building management capability: Providing pro-active HR advice and coaching to line-managers on a range of employment relations matters; and delivering development/briefing sessions around key employment policies and procedures. You will foster a supportive performance and development culture within departments, sections and regions.
- Developing solutions: Assisting the Director of Human Resources to develop and implement change projects/initiatives in support of the HR Operational Plan, and in response to emerging issues or trends.
- Change management: Providing guidance and support to managers in relation to change processes, including restructures.
- Champion inclusion, diversity and wellbeing: Ensuring this commitment is reflected in all of our practice. You will play a key role in promoting fairness, dignity and respect; and play a pivotal role in relation to health and wellbeing.
You will be an HR professional who has managed service delivery in a similar hands-on role and who is focussed on continuous improvement and embedding best practice. You will be adaptable and resilient with a proven track record of managing stakeholder relationships in a challenging operating environment.
In return, the ITF will give you a rewarding job, supportive colleagues, the opportunity to work remotely for part of the week, and excellent salary and benefits. View the job description here.
For more information, or for an informal discussion, please contact Peter Cocco, Director of Human Resources on +44(0)207 940 9221.
Start date: Early September 2021 for up to 14 months
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org 15th June 2021. Interviews are provisionally due to take place on 24th and 25th June 2021.