For transport workers everywhere
The International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF) is a democratic, affiliate-led federation recognised as the world’s leading transport authority. We fight passionately to improve working lives, connecting trade unions from 147 countries that may otherwise be isolated and helping their members to secure rights, equality and justice. We are the voice for 18.5 million working men and women across the world.
Our headquarters is located in London with offices in Amman, Brussels, Nairobi, New Delhi, Ouagadougou, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo.
The following goals form part of our constitution and inspire everything we do.
- to promote respect for trade union and human rights worldwide
- to work for peace based on social justice and economic progress
- to help our affiliated unions defend the interests of their members
- to provide research and information services to our affiliates
- to provide general assistance to transport workers in difficulty
Why we’re powerful
What sets us apart is our scope and influence. We operate internationally and wield substantial bargaining and lobbying powers with international bodies and governments. Our size and stature mean that we are able to coordinate campaigns against multinationals and governments that get results and bring about change.
Join our global family
We offer support, information and connection. Any independent trade union with members in the transport industry is eligible for ITF membership. Join us as together, we stand up for safety, fair pay and better working conditions.