The International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF) is a global union federation of transport workers' trade unions. Our HQ is in London with International offices include Amman, Hong Kong, Nairobi, Montreal, New Delhi, Ouagadougou, Rio, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney.
The ITF constitution sets out the following aims:
- To promote respect for trade union and human rights worldwide
- To work for peace based on social justice and economic progress
- To help our affiliated unions defend the interests of their members
- To provide research and information services to our affiliates
- To provide general assistance to transport workers in difficulty
At ITF our aim and our values are at the heart of all that we do. This has created a culture that embodies equal opportunities, democracy, respect and solidarity. We are dedicated to bringing together a diverse group of people who are determined to truly strengthen the ITF as the global voice for transport workers. We look for people who show a commitment to social justice and trade union values which are very important to us. The ITF offers a sense of belonging and welcomes applications from people from around the world in all walks of life.
1. We demonstrate solidarity
We are internationalists committed to the global Labour movement. Our strength lies in our collectivism and we stand together, across all borders, to achieve our goals.
2. We are democratic
We celebrate diversity and ensure that all of our members are equally understood, supported, and represented. Our methods are transparent and we remain accountable to our fellow workers and our communities.
3. We are dynamic
We are agile and continually develop in the way that we work. We develop foresight and anticipate change to ensure we take the lead. Learning from our proud history, we use our knowledge and experience to fight for our members.
4. We are determined
We are resolute in our pursuit of the ITF’s vision. We make commitments and we dedicate ourselves to fulfilling them. We lead by example and remain true to our values in the face of all challenges.
Pay and benefits
The ITF offers a highly attractive salary and benefits package for our staff including the following:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Attractive bonus scheme
- International travel for majority of roles
- Critical illness insurance
- Enhanced disability and sickness pay and income protection
- Competitive service-based annual leave
- Additional leave before Bank Holiday, Christmas and International Worker’s day closedown
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 6 month full pay maternity leave
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme and unregistered childcare support
- Eye test - optical discount
- Opportunities for job related learning and development
Equal opportunities disclaimer:
ITF operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership