Reinstate the 305 at Turkish Airlines
Google free translation: Italiano, Norske, Português, Türk, 中国的, 한국의, Bahasa Melayu, ภาษาไทย, हिंदी, اردو,
தமிழ், Kiswahili, Deutsch, Español, Français, Svenska, Русский, العربية
A THY cabin crew member said: "I am on strike because our rest periods have been cut from 36 hours to 24 hours for long haul flights. I am on strike against being forced to fly exceeding maximum flight duty hours."
THY workers with the backing of the ITF family have succeeded in scrapping the ban on the right to strike from aviation legislation. But the fight is not over.
Support the 305 and their union, Hava-Is, call on THY and the Turkish government;
1. Stop the use of strike breakers
2. Put health and safety first
2. Reinstate the 305 sacked workers and stop union busting
1. Download our petition and leaflet for passengers here
2. Tell Turkish Airlines you are not happy >>
3. Demand an end to anti-union practice in Turkey and send a letter of protest to the Turkish labour minister
4. Visit your local Turkish Airline representative. See how Canadian aviation workers did it here >>
5. Get informed and spread the word; join the 'reinstate 305 solidarity group' email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Tell the strikers they are not alone; send a message of solidarity here
Find out more about the dispute here >>
A THY worker on strike said: "I decided to join the strike above all to support my friends who were dismissed on 29 May 2012 just for defending our basic rights. We still have the right to strike thanks to the struggle waged by our friends sacked on 29 May."
Hava-Is workers are strong in their resolve for union rights, see them in action here:
View the opinion piece here >>
Spread the word – tell your members, fellow workers, friends, family, THY passengers about the plight of the 305 sacked workers and Turkey’s draconian laws to muzzle its workforce.
Share this url www.reinstate 305.org with your contacts