12/12/12 – International day of action in solidarity with DHL Turkey workers
ITF translations available: Deutsch, Español
Google free translation: Italiano, Norske, Português, Türk, 中国的, 한국의, Bahasa Melayu, ภาษาไทย, हिंदी, اردو,
தமிழ், Kiswahili, Français, Svenska, Русский, العربية
Read reports of activities for the Action Day >>
(Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malawi, Malta, Mozambique, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Palestine, Panama, South Africa, Swaziland, Sweden, Turkey, US, Yemen)
View photos of the Action Day >>
View films from the Action Day >>
The 12/12/12 is Respect at DHL day. An international day of action in solidarity with TUMTIS’ struggle for union recognition, free from interference and intimidation.
On this day ITF unions and campaign supporters will be organising lawful and visible solidarity action.
Some things you can do:
Respect at DHL Turkey campaign supporters
- Visit your local DHL offices and raise concerns with management.
- Organise a ‘call centre action’ – phone DHL call centres to ask DHL to deliver human and trade union rights in Turkey.
Locate your local DHL office or call centre here >>
Send the campaign postcard to DHL and raise your concerns direct with management via the company website here >>
Unions organising in DHL
- Approach your local DHL management, raise your workplace issues and urge them to contact DHL headquarters in Bonn over dismissed workers in Turkey
- Hold workplace meetings and discuss issues such as overtime, health & safety, grievance procedures
Spread the word through twitter: #RespectatDHL and ‘Like’ us on Facebook
Tell us about your activities: send reports, pictures and news clippings to email@example.com
What do TUMTIS and the workers want – their demands
- DP-DHL must reinstate the sacked workers, victims of trade union harassment.
- DP-DHL must take steps to ensure that no further victimisation takes place in Turkey and elsewhere
- DP-DHL must abide by its commitments as a global employer.
- DP-DHL must recognise the union under Turkish law and negotiate a collective agreement for DHL workers.
- DP-DHL must take responsibility and sign a global agreement on workers’ rights.
Action day materials, download and print
Complete online form: DHL ACTION DAY (12 December 2012) Contact Person Form.