Skip to main content

Who we are

For transport workers everywhere

The International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF) is a democratic, affiliate-led federation recognised as the world’s leading transport authority. We fight passionately to improve working lives, connecting trade unions from 147 countries that may otherwise be isolated and helping their members to secure rights, equality and justice. We are the voice for 18.5 million working men and women across the world.

Our headquarters is located in London with offices in Amman, Brussels, Nairobi, New Delhi, Ouagadougou, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo.

Our principles

The following goals form part of our constitution and inspire everything we do.

• to promote respect for trade union and human rights worldwide
  • to work for peace based on social justice and economic progress
  • to help our affiliated unions defend the interests of their members
  • to provide research and information services to our affiliates
  • to provide general assistance to transport workers in difficulty

Why we’re powerful

What sets us apart is our scope and influence. We operate internationally and wield substantial bargaining and lobbying powers with international bodies and governments. Our size and stature mean that we are able to coordinate campaigns against multinationals and governments that get results and bring about change.

Join our global family

We offer support, information and connection. Any independent trade union with members in the transport industry is eligible for ITF membership. Join us as together, we stand up for safety, fair pay and better working conditions.

Post new comment

Restricted HTML

• Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.

Comments

ADVOCATE MD. BALAL HOSSAIN BHUYIAN LOVELU.
5 months 3 weeks ago

I'M 100% CORDIALLY ACCEPTED AND JOINING & PARTICIPATING/ STANDING WITH THE ORGANIZATION'S.
WITH REGARDS

ADVOCATE MD. BALAL HOSSAIN BHUYIAN LOVELU.

ADVOCATE MD. BALAL HOSSAIN BHUYIAN LOVELU.
5 months 3 weeks ago

AS A SOCIAL WORKER AND HUMANITARIAN WORKERS, I ALWAYS WANTED TO ALL OTHER INDUSTRIES AND OFFICE A& EACH OTHER ALL WORKERS SAFETY, HEALTHCARE, PROFESSIONALS SKILLED TRAINING, PEACE AND PEACEFUL LIFE , FOR WORKERS & WORKERS
FAMILIES MEMBERS LIFE LIVEING SISTEM.
WITH REGARDS.
ADVOCATE MD. BALAL HOSSAIN BHUYIAN LOVELU.

Adilio najarro
5 months 2 weeks ago

Con quien abocarse para obtener más información para poder afiliarnos

محسن السيد محمد
4 months 1 week ago

انا تابع النقابه العامه للعاملين بهيءه النقل العام
وحضرت اكثر من ورشه عمل مع الدكتوره سمر وكم انا

وزملاءي فاخرين بتلك الاتحاد فى توعيه

محسن السيد
4 months 1 week ago

اتحاد محضرم ينشر التوعيه النقابيه ومفهيم العمل النقابى ويبزل اقصا جهد فى ورش العمل بقياده الدكتوره المحضرمه سمر

Md. Farid Ali
4 months 1 week ago

I recently elected as the International Affairs Secretary of Biman Employees Union, a leading trade union in Bangladesh Airlines, whcih has registration number 1917 with Bangladesh Government. I wish to work very closely with ITF Bangladesh chapter to uphold the goals and aims of ITF here locally and globally.

Md. Farid Ali
4 months 1 week ago

I am recently elected as the International Affairs Secretary of Biman Employees Union, a leading trade union in Bangladesh Airlines, whcih has registration number 1917 with Bangladesh Government. I wish to work very closely with ITF Bangladesh chapter to uphold the goals and aims of ITF here locally and globally.

لعمال النقل للعالم العربى Itf الشكر لاتحاد
4 months 1 week ago

وشكر خاص الدكتوره سمر المسئولة عن التدريب والاتحاد فى العالم العربى ولى شرف الانضمام لاتحادكم الموقر

Janet Nyokabi Ngure
4 months 1 week ago

Greetings,
As an individual am interested in joining you to stand up and speak out with one voice for the transport workers,
I am available to attend any sponsored event by the ITF to come back and empower,train and educate our transport workers.
If l can provide you with any further information prior to join,please let me know.l look forward to your response.

Janet Nyokabi Ngure
jannetnjames@gmail.com
+254711163439

Ianpher M Palmos
3 months 3 weeks ago

Hello sir/ma'am, good day. I write a comment because I feel that I need to help not only myself but the others that in the same situation like me. I am a deck trainee on a bulk carrier on a big company base in hongkong, but i am working on galley as messman, And call me to work also on deck especially during mooring operation even my rest hour. At the very beginning they already told me that i will work on galley even though my contract is a deck trainee. My basic is less than $200. I agree because they promise me promotion next contract, free u.s. Visa, medical etc. and its very hard to be hire onboard ship especially if your a ratings and no U.S. Visa in Philippines.

But now I think this is what the company do to attract first timer or seafarers who getting hard time to find a job. So that they gain more money because they dont hire messman and pay them fair salary, instead they hire deck trainee's for under $200 basic salary and let them work as messman.

I feel something is not right and the company is using this strategy to save and gain more profit.

Pls. Keep my identity anonymous to protect me and my family.

Pls. Contact me at ipepalmos@gmail.com And I will provide further details.

MATEO Managuelod
3 months 2 weeks ago

Kindly assist and help us to get our company salaries are delayed and we want to go back home please kindly send me message for my WhatsApp number +971 50 860 7987

This is the principal company
Echo cargo shipping LLC Dubai

hawk
3 months 1 week ago

Brother, can you tell me what charges will apply during shipping? I am a big fan of import and export. For some business. Share with me your whole package. air cargo to india

Concerned citizen
2 months 3 weeks ago

I am posting this comment to know and ask if it is right for a yacht captain to use its crew to clean his own apartment?, Asking for a friend... Thank you...

......
2 months 2 weeks ago

IN MY OWN POINT OF VIEW NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO USE THE VESSEL CREW ON HIS/HER OWN INTEREST JEOPARDIZING AND PUTTING IN THE LINE THE SAFETY AND WELFARE OF THE CREW, HE/SHE SHOULD HAVE HIRED LOCALS TO CLEAN HIS APARTMENT, INSTEAD OF USING THE VESSEL CREW JUST TO AVOID EXPENDING HIS OWN MONEY, UNLESS THE CONTRACT PERMITS

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

locksmith perth
2 months 2 weeks ago

may also need to be repaired from time to time which could be much less expensive than installing brand new locks. locksmith perth

Kouakou bi Stéphane ( président de l'ACTCC à Cocody)
2 months 1 week ago

Je suis très heureux de savoir aujourd'hui l'existence de ITF. Je souhaiterais faire adhérer l'association de Conducteurs de Taxis Communaux de Cocody (ACTCC) à Abidjan- CÔTE D'IVOIRE, dont je suis le président. C'est une jeune association qui est née le 21 avril 2016 et qui compte à ce jour environ 800 membres et un peu plus de 8000 sympathisants. Comment adhérer à ITF? MERCI !

mages slman
1 month 3 weeks ago

Thank for you.

Deon Vermeulen
1 month 3 weeks ago

Hi
I am a chef on board a research vessel under Panama flag that belongs to San American non-profit marine archeological research foundation and we are currently in Trapani- Italy. I joined on 21 June 2019 in Malta. Yesterday only I was informed by the agent based in Malta that I will only get my salary by about the 5th or 6th of the new month. My one page ‘independent contractor’ contract does not mention this at all and it is standard procedure to get one’s salary at least by the 2nd of a new month at the latest.
The captain himself told me that last month the chef and chief engineer salaries coming from the USA were very delayed and the chief engineer has confirmed the fact. The previous chef wAlked off the boat without getting paid. I am a member of Nautilus. I am concerned that the delayed payments will happen again. Any advice please...thank you...deon65@live.co.uk

Ghoubali abdelhak
1 month 2 weeks ago

Bonjour c'est bon atentative mais il faut retourné ver le secture transport maritime en Algérie psk si de la catastrophe

Mary
1 month 1 week ago

Hi!! Who could provide me information about the ITF Inspector job description position? TIA!!!

tolentino john russel m tolentino
2 weeks 6 days ago

pls help me i want to go home ism here in abidjan