The ITF currently has one vacancy.
Women Transport Workers Department
Project: Gender-Based Trade Union Research
The International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF) is an international trade union federation of transport workers' unions. 700 unions representing over 4.5 million transport workers in 150 countries are members of the ITF. It is one of several Global Federation Unions allied with the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC).
The ITF is looking for a research intern to support the ITF women’s department policy and campaign development. The internship will be for a period of 8 weeks (35 hours per week) commencing from 10 July to 1 September 2017. The internship will be based in London.
This is an opportunity to be involved in at the forefront of the Federation’s work towards gender equality in the global transport industry.
The intern will receive a ‘crash course’ in the gender work of the ITF, and after an initial induction will work independently with weekly supervision on two research topics, contributing to policy and campaign development on gender issues in the transport industry. Research topic one is gender policies of International Financial Institutions, and gender commitments within their transport lending portfolio. Research topic two is the UN global compact and the OECD, including an analysis of past gender based OECD complaints.
The work will involve web research, literature analysis, cold calling, fact-sheet and written report preparation, including analysis of gender based leverage opportunities and recommendations for future action. The intern will also be required to prepare a presentation on the opportunities the research has uncovered.
- Commitment to gender equality.
- Enthusiastic commitment to building a strong trade union movement.
- Interest in urban transport development, gender economics, gender politics or feminism.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work individually without direct supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Good web and interpersonal research and problem solving skills.
- Ability to write clearly.
- Final year undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Good knowledge of English, an additional language could be an advantage.
How To apply
Please send a covering letter and CV to: Adebesin_abi@itf.org.uk
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide a reference from their current academic supervisor.
More info here.
The successful candidate will receive a stipend of £9.75 per hour. Accommodation may be available.
Closing date for applications is 28 February 2017.